The Community Pharmacy Palliative Care Network
Network leaflet – updated January 2015
The Community Pharmacy Palliative Care Network leaflet may be downloaded through NHSGGC StaffNet only. Alternatively you can request a copy at Contact.
For specialist palliative care pharmacy advice, please contact any of the following:
Specialist Pharmacists (Palliative Care)
Susan Addie – Tel: 07880 786 659
Carolyn Mackay – Tel: 0141 557 7437 Mob: 07775 012 560
Macmillan Lead Pharmacist (Palliative Care)
Elayne Harris – Tel: 0141 427 8248 Mob: 07876 478140
All Scottish Palliative Care Network Pharmacies on NHS Inform Pharmacy Search
Palliative Care Resources for Community Pharmacy
The Palliative Care Resources for Community Pharmacy Version 2.0 – June 2015 may be downloaded through NHSGGC StaffNet.
If you do not have access to StaffNet, the folder can also be accessed via Community Pharmacy Scotland website
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society have endorsed the palliative care resources folder for community pharmacy.
Macmillan Pharmacy Service
- Macmillan Pharmacy Service Toolkit PDF 183 KB
- Palliative Care Prescription Prioritisation Flowchart PDF 145 KB
- Palliative Care Courier Flowchart PDF 111 KB
- Palliative Care Signposting Flashcard PDF 86 KB
- Community Pharmacy Palliative Care Training Webinar Flyer PDF 334 KB
- Good Practice Guide for Community Pharmacies delivering Pharmaceutical Services to Care Homes-DRAFT PDF 244 KB
- Community Pharmacy Palliative Care Incident Report Template PDF 59 KB
Macmillan Pharmacist Facilitator Project
Palliative Care News Bites
Bi-monthly round-up of palliative care news and views for community pharmacy staff, brought to you by the Macmillan Pharmacy Service.
- Macmillan Pharmacy Service SBAR Business Case 2017 PDF 591 KB
- Macmillan Pharmacy Service SBAR Business Case 2017 – Executive Summary PDF 171 KB
- Macmillan Pharmacy Service Final Report 2016 PDF 622 KB
- Macmillan Pharmacy Service Annual Report October 2014 – December 2015 PDF 163 KB
- Macmillan Pharmacy Service launch PDF 562 KB
- Final Evaluation Report – 2012 PDF 2 MB
- Final Evaluation Report – 2012 (Executive Summary) PDF 401 KB
- Project Year 3 (2012) Final Report) PDF 535 KB
- Project Year 3 (2012) Final Report – Executive Summary PDF 191 KB
- Six Month Baseline Report – 2010 (Executive Summary) PDF 87 KB
- Six Month Baseline Report – 2010 PDF 615 KB
- Macmillan Pharmacist Facilitator Project Resource Toolkit PDF 499 KB
Palliative Care Guidelines – Medication
Palliative Care Guidelines include new (2014) T34 Syringe Pump Competencies for Primary Care, Palliative Care Drug Monographs and other guidelines links.
Community Palliative Care Kardex
• Kardexes can now be ordered via Pecos (233121) ; price is ~£500 for 1000 kardexes therefore share between an HSCP
• Stock recording sheets also now on Pecos (233125) ; price is ~£45 for 500
‘Just in Case’ (Anticipatory Prescribing) Boxes Implementation in NHS GG&C
Macmillan Lead Pharmacist for Palliative Care
Just in Case documents
- Box Label – November 2010 PDF 68 KB
- JIC flowsheet (updated Oct 2013) PDF 127 KB
- JIC general info (updated July 2015) PDF 123 KB
- Just in case FAQs info (updated Oct 2012) PDF 112 KB
Scottish Palliative Care Guidelines
The Scottish Palliative Care Guidelines reflect a consensus of opinion about good practice in the management of adult patients with life limiting illness. They are designed for healthcare professionals from any care setting who are involved in supporting people with a palliative life-limiting condition.
Palliative Care Formulary 5th edition (PCF5+)
The on-line Palliative Care Formulary, although based on the 5th
UK edition published in October 2014, is regularly updated to provide
the most up to date content, and is thus denoted as PCF5+.
Community Pharmacy Scotland
Community Pharmacy Scotland is the organisation which represents community pharmacy owners throughout Scotland in almost every aspect of their working lives, and is the voice of these vital healthcare professionals north of the Border, as they deliver pharmaceutical care to the people of Scotland.
Greater Glasgow and Clyde Medicines – NHSGGC Area Drug and Therapeutics Committee
NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde Area Drug and Therapeutics Committee website has the latest Formulary Decisions, Medicines Update Bulletins and other useful resources. Follow us for alerts to new medicines decisions, Formulary, guidelines etc. Twitter: @NHSGGCMeds
Paediatric Palliative Care Links / Resources
- Basic Symptom Control in Paediatric Palliative Care 2016 (Edition 9.5)
Together for Short Lives website
- Together for Short Lives Medicines Management Toolkit 2014 (2nd ed)
Together for Short Lives website